Radiation Monitor Sensor
Click Here For a Larger Image...
The Vernier Radiation Monitor detects alpha, beta, gamma, and X-ray radiation. Applications include nuclear counting statistics, shielding, and decay rate measurements.
The Vernier Radiation Monitor consists of a Geiger-Mueller tube mounted in a small, rugged, plastic case. It requires no battery, getting power from the data-collection interface. A thin window protected by a metal screen allows alpha radiation to be detected, along with beta and gamma. It can be used to explore radiation statistics, measure the rate of nuclear decay, and monitor radon progeny.
Order Code: VR128120 Price £
- Sensor: LND 712 (or equivalent) halogen-quenched GM tube with a mica end window, 1.5 to 2.0 mg/cm2 thick
- Sensitive to alpha, beta, gamma, and X-ray radiation
- Powered by interface connection
- Red LED blinks on radiation detection
* All prices are exclusive of delivery & VAT. E&OE.