£490.00 ex VAT | £588.00 Inc VAT
Moisture content sensor for wood. Suitable for stationary measuring operations as it is a capacitive sensor designed for applying onto the wood’s surface. The sensor is integrated in the sensor housing, with a built-in plug and 5 meter connecting cable with ALMEMO® plug for current ALMEMO® devices (version 6 and above).
Available to OrderEmail to a friend
|Measuring range:||0 to 50% moisture percentage in wood with respect to total mass (at 23°C)|
|Resolution:||0.1% moisture content|
|Reproducibility:||±1% moisture content|
|Nominal temperature:||23°C ±2K|
|Suitable conditions:||0 to 80°C |
Air humidity 0 to 90% RH (no dew formation, no ice)
|Storage temperature:||-20 to +80°C|
|Housing:||Plastic 51x53x36mm (LxWxH)|
|Signal connection:||Built-in plug|
|Protection:||Housing and plug connection IP64|
|ALMEMO® connection cable:||Coupling, PVC cable 5 meters|
|ALMEMO® plug:||Linearization for wood, stored in the ALMEMO® plug (for ALMEMO® devices version 6 and above)|
|Supply voltage:||Via ALMEMO® plug (5V)|
|Current consumption:||Approx. 7mA|
- Moisture content sensor for comparative measurement of moisture in wood materials
- The capacitive sensor with the measuring electronics is completely integrated in the damp-proof sensor housing. Plug-in ALMEMO® connecting cable.
- This device is designed for stationary installation and long term monitoring e.g. of wooden parts of buildings, roof structures (with laminated beams).
- It is also suitable for data logger operation in energy-saving sleep mode (intermittent mode).
- The sensor housing is quick and easy to install on the wooden surface in question.
- The material‘s moisture content is measured indirectly by determining its dielectric constant, which is moisture-dependent (but not temperature-dependent).
- Its capacity is measured via a high-frequency electrical field which penetrates the wood without destroying it.
- The ALMEMO® device acquires the material’s moisture content based on the linearization curve stored in the ALMEMO® plug.
- This measuring operation can be performed using any current ALMEMO® device (Version 6 and above)
Also available for this sensor is a test block for wood, designed purely for testing purposes.
If this is something you are interested in, please call us on 01530 832 500 or fill out our contact form.