The Centripetal Force Apparatus allows you to investigate the relationship between centripetal force, angular velocity, mass, and radius. A force sensor measures the centripetal force exerted on a mass as it moves in a circle. A photogate can be used to measure the angular speed. Different masses can be added to the platform and positioned at variable radii. The platform can be driven by a falling mass. The apparatus also accommodates the Vernier Wireless Dynamic Sensor System to measure force, which provides the best set of data. Sensors are sold separately.
- 1 x Rectangular Frame
- 2 x Support Legs
- 1 x Rotating Assembly consisting of Rotational Shaft, Encoder Wheel, 3-Step Pulley, Rotating Beam, Bearing Housing
- 1 x Sliding Carriage to hold the test masses
- 1 x Counterbalance Carriage to balance the rotating beam
- 1 x Swivel Assembly (connects Sliding Carriage to a Dual-Range Force Sensor)
- 1 x Ultra Pulley
- 1 x Ultra Pulley Bracket (preinstalled on Assembly)
- 1 x Photogate Bracket with 1/4 x 20 mounting screw (preinstalled on Assembly)
- 1 x Dual-Range Force Sensor Bracket (preinstalled on Assembly)
- 6 x 100 g masses
- 1 x Hook (attaches a Wireless Dynamic Sensor System to the Sliding Carriage)
- 1 x WDSS Mounting Screw and T Nut to secure a WDSS
- 1 x User manual
Real-Time Temperature Measurement!
Unlike a traditional thermometer, Go Direct Temperature allows students to collect real-time temperature measurements of a single instance or over a period of time. Its range and wireless capability make it the go-to sensor.