With the FYAD 00-CO2Mx carbon dioxide sensor, the sophisticated ALMEMO® system offers an accurate and traceable measurement for assessing indoor air quality, e.g. for appropriate ventilation behaviour. In addition to the CO2 content, the temperature and the air pressure are measured for automatic measured value compensation. The accuracy of the sensor is ± 50 ppm ±3% of the measured value.
At a glance:
- Measurement of CO2, temperature and air pressure
- fast response time
- measured value compensation
- low power consumption
- digital technology
- measurement protocol possible
- as calibratable reference system
- several sensors can be connected to one device via ALMEMO® measurement technology
- fair price/performance ratio
The concentration of CO2 in the room air is responsible for the quality of the breathing air. A too high CO2 content reduces the performance. In order to reduce the risk of aerosol-borne infections, various studies recommend continuous monitoring of the room air and appropriate ventilation behaviour. However, uncontrolled, frequent ventilation can also significantly worsen indoor air quality. When the temperature outside is below zero, the indoor air becomes significantly drier and respiratory irritation is more likely to occur. It is advisable to check not only the CO2 content but also the humidity and air temperature. All relevant sensors can be connected to ALMEMO® measuring devices.
Logging of measured values
The calibratable ALMEMO® system allows logging of the measured values and is ideally suited, among other things, as a reference or for checking the building technology. By building up a history of the measurements, individual ventilation profiles can be created.
When outdoor temperatures are low, thermal comfort can be significantly reduced during ventilation periods. Rooms that are too cold and drafts can cause illness. By assessing the thermal comfort at the working or learning place, series of measurements of the operative temperature (globe temperature), room temperature, air flow and humidity are recorded.
This is only possible with ALMEMO
The FYAD 00-CO2Mx carbon dioxide sensor can be plugged onto any ALMEMO® measuring device. Depending on the number of measurement inputs on the device, several sensors can be plugged in to record other, different measured variables such as air humidity or illuminance, etc., or complex measurement networks can be set up to record all measured variables, in order to place the sensors at different measurement locations, e.g. in larger rooms.
|Sensor:||2-beam infrared measuring cell.|
Non-dispersive infrared technology
|Measuring Range:||0 to 5000ppm |
Automatic compensation of the pressure and temperature dependence of the CO2
|Accuracy:||±(50 ppm +3 % from the measured value)|
|Nominal Conditions:||25°C, 1013 mbar|
|Power on time (initialisation):||15s|
|Response time t63:||140s|
|Measurement Interval:||fixed 15s as exponentially sliding |
Mean over 60s (=4 instantaneous values 15s)
-40 to 60 °C
-10 to 60 °C
0...95 % r.F. (non-condensing)
700 to 1100 mbar
|Protective Cover:||Material PA12, diameter approx. 20mm, length approx. 51mm|
Stainless Steel, diameter approx. 12mm, length approx. 130mm
|Sensor Supply:||ALMEMO® D6 Sensor|
permanently connected 2m cable with ALMEMO® plug
Sensor mounted directly on the ALMEMO® plug
|Digital Air Pressure Sensor (built-in) |
700 to 1100 mbar
type. ± 2 mbar (at 25 °C
|Digital Air Temperature Sensor:|
-40 to +60 °C
type. ± 0,5 °C (at 25 °C)
|ALMEMO® D6 Sensor:|
Carbon dioxide concentration, air temperature, air pressure
15 sec for all 3 channels
|Supply Voltage:||6 to 13 V DC|
|Electricity Consumption:||type. approx 7mA (average current at measurement interval 15s)|
- Assessment of air quality to verify a needs-based ventilation in lounges and work rooms, e.g. classrooms, lecture halls, day-care centres, meeting rooms, function rooms, production halls, health facilities, public transport.
- In combination with an ALMEMO® data logger, the measured values with date and time are continuously recorded.
- Simultaneous measurement of the air temperature as a criteria for assessment of the quality of stay (comfort) in the room.
- Quantitative measurement of CO<sub>2</sub> concentration, measured value in ppm.
- Digital sensor with integrated signal processor. All comparison and sensor data is stored on the sensor.
- Unique auto-calibration process (without fresh air supply): Aging effects are automatically compensated.
- Open protective cap for fast response time. Filter inside the sensor.
- Automatic compensation of carbon dioxide concentration with built-in digital temperature and air pressure sensor.
- Low power consumption. Long-term measurements with ALMEMO® data logger in sleep mode; only for current
device types with sleep delay.
- 3 primary measuring channels (real measured variables): carbon dioxide concentration, air temperature, air pressure.