Horizon’s Fuel Cell Car Science Kit uses a reversible PEM fuel cell that combines electrolysis and power conversion into one single device. Watch as oxygen and hydrogen gases are formed in two transparent water containers.
When the car hits a barrier, it will automatically find its way by reversing away 90 degrees. Included in the box is a renewable energy education manual as well as an experiment guide.
- World’s best entry-level fuel cell car kit, and one of our best sellers
- Demonstrates electrolysis of water into oxygen and hydrogen
- Includes solar panel to power electrolysis process
- Includes experiment guide on CD, as well complete manual
- Easy to build & operate, steers independently when meeting obstacles
- 1 x Chassis with an LED light and motor
- 1 x Reversible (PEM) fuel cell
- 1 x 0.75 Watt solar cell
- 2 x 2mm Connecting leads
- 1 x Battery pack with connecting leads
- 1 x Hydrogen tank
- 1 x Oxygen tank
- 1 x Inner Gas containers
- 1 x Plastic plug pins for fuel cell
- 1 x Transparent silicon tubing
- 1 x Syringe
- 1 x Assembly instructions
- 1 x CD-ROM with renewable energy curriculum manu
- The effect of heat on solar panels
- The effect of shade on Solar panels
- The effect of tilt angle on solar panels
- Finding the solar panel’s maximum power point
- Electrolysis mode generating hydrogen and oxygen from water
- Fuel cell mode generating electricity from hydrogen and oxygen
- Determining the minimum voltage for water decomposition
- Polarization states for hydrogen fuel cells
Real-Time Temperature Measurement!
Unlike a traditional thermometer, Go Direct Temperature allows students to collect real-time temperature measurements of a single instance or over a period of time. Its range and wireless capability make it the go-to sensor.