When students use the Go Direct Centripetal Force Apparatus with a Go Direct Force and Acceleration Sensor, they can conduct a variety of rotational dynamics investigations with a single experiment setup. This combination easily measures angular velocity and centripetal force and acceleration without the hassle of wires.
Go Direct Centripetal Force Apparatus can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Investigate circular motion by measuring centripetal acceleration in relation to the radius of rotation and angular velocity.
- Explore rotational dynamics through an investigation of the force required to keep a mass in circular motion.
- Explore Newton’s second law, angular acceleration, and the moment of inertia as they relate to circular motion.
- Base with adjustable feet
- Bearing and spindle
- Rotating beam
- Loop attachment to connect force sensor to mass carriage
- Bracket to provide position indicator for sensor
- Long screw and nut assembly to connect sensor to beam
- Mass carriage with thumb screws
- Mass carriage with bearings
- 50 g masses (4)
- 100 g masses (4)