The Go Direct® UV-VIS Spectrophotometer connects to your device via Bluetooth® wireless technology or USB to generate full spectra, Beer’s law data, and kinetic traces of ultraviolet and visible-absorbing samples (such as aspirin, DNA, proteins, and NADH).
Simplify the measurement of absorbance spectra of chemical and biochemical compounds with the Go Direct UV-VIS Spectrophotometer. This sensor connects to your device via Bluetooth® wireless technology or USB, making it easy to collect accurate measurements and generate full spectra, Beer’s law data, and kinetic traces of ultraviolet and visible-absorbing samples (such as aspirin, DNA, proteins, and NADH). Compatible with LabQuest® 2, LabQuest 3, Vernier Spectral Analysis®, and Logger Pro® 3, the Go Direct UV-VIS Spectrophotometer promotes student engagement through data visualization and analysis. To conduct emission spectra experiments, simply attach the Vernier Spectrophotometer Optical Fibre.
- Detection modes: Absorbance, %Transmittance, Intensity, and Raw Lamp
- Experiment types: Full Spectrum, time-based (kinetics), and event-based (Beer’s law)
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm × 17.0 cm × 7.0 cm
- Lamp power supply: AC adapter (included)
- Bluetooth power supply: USB (USB power adapter included)
- Power consumption: 3 A start-up, 500 mA continuous
- Light source: Deuterium (UV) and incandescent (VIS)
- Detector: Linear CCD
- Wavelength range: 220–850 nm
- Wavelength reporting interval: ~1 nm
- Optical resolution: 3.0 nm (as determined with 486 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
- Wavelength accuracy: ± 2.0 nm (as determined with holmium oxide NIST standard)
- Absorbance photometric accuracy: ± 5.0% (as determined with potassium dichromate NIST standards)
- Absorbance photometric range (for best accuracy): 0.1–1.0
- Typical scan time: ~2 s
- Operating temperature: 15–35°C
- Sample format: 10 mm × 10 mm cuvette (two UV quartz cuvettes included)
Free Experiments Download
Preview and/or edit the spectroscopy experiments for your curriculum by downloading a zip file for each of the experiments below. Each experiment’s zip file contains two student versions (one for use with Logger Pro®/LabQuest® and one for Vernier Spectral Analysis®) as well as an instructor version. The Student download includes objectives, materials, procedures, and analysis for use with Vernier Spectral Analysis®, LabQuest®, or Logger Pro®. The Instructor download includes notes, sample results and graphs, and answers.
- Go Direct UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- AC Power Supply
- Starna® quartz cuvettes (2)
- Mini USB cable
- USB Power Adapter
Software requirements to be confirmed on release. Please contact us for specific requirements.