External screw terminals and attached clip cords make the panels easy to use.
Activities and Concepts
- Build a solar fan: Build a solar fan with a solar panel, solar motor, and a propellor rotor.
- Solar panel efficiency: Compare the efficiency of a solar panel over time without changing the angle of the panel. Set up a monitoring station with a multimeter and solar panel. Check on power output throughout the day, at least once per hour.
- Compare temperature and the rate for temperature increase, depending on time of day and ambient air temperature.
- Understanding clean energy; discovering and discussing solar power as an energy source
- Exploring circuits, electricity, and magnetism
- Designing controlled experiments
- Analyzing data
- Understanding differences between energy and power
- Learning about weather and climate
Explore solar energy with this innovative science kit designed to help students investigate energy transformations. Discover how the angle of photovoltaic panels relative to the sun affects power output. Experiment with basic circuits and learn about important factors in photovoltaic systems.£103.00 ex VAT | £123.60 Inc VAT Add to basket
The simpleGEN is an easy-to-build AC generator that allows students to explore the basics of electrical generator design. Your students can now investigate the fundamentals of electrical generator design with an easy to build AC generator. The KidWind SimpleGEN enables you to demonstrate Faraday's law, light LEDs, and perform experiments that explore how coils, magnets, and rotation affect electrical generation. Convert your generator into a simple motor just by making a few quick alterations whilst also allowing for greater exploration. Further still, you can convert your simpleGEN into a wind turbine nacelle. The simpleGEN classroom pack has enough materials to build 10 generators and includes three digital multimeters. This Kit is also available in the KidWind simpleGEN Classroom Pack.