External screw terminals and attached clip cords make the panels easy to use.
Activities and Concepts
- Build a solar fan: Build a solar fan with a solar panel, solar motor, and a propellor rotor.
- Solar panel efficiency: Compare the efficiency of a solar panel over time without changing the angle of the panel. Set up a monitoring station with a multimeter and solar panel. Check on power output throughout the day, at least once per hour.
- Compare temperature and the rate for temperature increase, depending on time of day and ambient air temperature.
- Understanding clean energy; discovering and discussing solar power as an energy source
- Exploring circuits, electricity, and magnetism
- Designing controlled experiments
- Analyzing data
- Understanding differences between energy and power
- Learning about weather and climate
Explore solar energy with this innovative science kit designed to help students investigate energy transformations. Discover how the angle of photovoltaic panels relative to the sun affects power output. Experiment with basic circuits and learn about important factors in photovoltaic systems.£103.00 ex VAT | £123.60 Inc VAT Add to basket
Use this kit to Evaluate different blade designs, gear ratios, generators, and devices to measure electrical and weightlifting power, whilst discovering advanced aspects of wind turbine technology. Containing everything you need to unleash the advanced concepts of wind turbine technology! Conduct the same investigations as the Basic Wind Experiment Kit but with the ability to generate more power at higher voltages ( 0.5 V-20 V). This kit is ideal for years 8 through 12 as well as college students. It will provide young scientists with the opportunity to investigate gearboxes, Aerofoils and with the GenPack add-on; generator construction. They can also design and construct their own blades to generate electricity, lift weights, and pump water. Simply add your own wind source, basic tools, and imagination! This kit is also available in the Kidwind Advanced Experiment Kit, Classroom Pack.£201.00 ex VAT | £241.20 Inc VAT Add to basket
Use this rugged, affordable mini wind turbine to illustrate the power of wind. This easily assembled turbine that produces enough power to light an LED bulb and play a tune. A small domestic fan will produces enough draught to demonstrate this highly efficient turbine. The basic kit just comes with Red Blade Set. The MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design comes with a Wind Turbine Hub, a Digital Multimeter, 25 1/4" x 5" Dowels and a 3" x 12" Chipboard Sheet to allow students to perform basic blade experiments. More dowels and chipboad can be purchased as and when required. This kit is also available in the KidWind MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design.£64.00 ex VAT | £76.80 Inc VAT Add to basket