External screw terminals and attached clip cords make the panels easy to use.
Activities and Concepts
- Build a solar fan: Build a solar fan with a solar panel, solar motor, and a propellor rotor.
- Solar panel efficiency: Compare the efficiency of a solar panel over time without changing the angle of the panel. Set up a monitoring station with a multimeter and solar panel. Check on power output throughout the day, at least once per hour.
- Compare temperature and the rate for temperature increase, depending on time of day and ambient air temperature.
- Understanding clean energy; discovering and discussing solar power as an energy source
- Exploring circuits, electricity, and magnetism
- Designing controlled experiments
- Analyzing data
- Understanding differences between energy and power
- Learning about weather and climate
This smooth running generator delivers high power output at relatively low revs and is the primary generator for wind turbine experiments. It is also the standard generator used in the KidWind Challenge competition events.£10.00 ex VAT | £12.00 Inc VAT Add to basket
The same as the KidWind simpleGEN but has enough materials to build 10 generators and includes three digital multimeters. Your students can now investigate the fundamentals of electrical generator design with an easy to build AC generator. The KidWind SimpleGEN enables you to demonstrate Faraday's law, light LEDs, and perform experiments that explore how coils, magnets, and rotation affect electrical generation. Convert your generator into a simple motor just by making a few quick alterations whilst also allowing for greater exploration. Further still, you can convert your simpleGEN into a wind turbine nacelle.£565.00 ex VAT | £678.00 Inc VAT Add to basket
Use this rugged, affordable mini wind turbine to illustrate the power of wind. This easily assembled turbine that produces enough power to light an LED bulb and play a tune. A small domestic fan will produces enough draught to demonstrate this highly efficient turbine. The basic kit just comes with Red Blade Set. The MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design comes with a Wind Turbine Hub, a Digital Multimeter, 25 1/4" x 5" Dowels and a 3" x 12" Chipboard Sheet to allow students to perform basic blade experiments. More dowels and chipboad can be purchased as and when required. This kit is also available in the KidWind MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design.£64.00 ex VAT | £76.80 Inc VAT Add to basket