External screw terminals and attached clip cords make the panels easy to use.
Activities and Concepts
- Build a solar fan: Build a solar fan with a solar panel, solar motor, and a propellor rotor.
- Solar panel efficiency: Compare the efficiency of a solar panel over time without changing the angle of the panel. Set up a monitoring station with a multimeter and solar panel. Check on power output throughout the day, at least once per hour.
- Compare temperature and the rate for temperature increase, depending on time of day and ambient air temperature.
- Understanding clean energy; discovering and discussing solar power as an energy source
- Exploring circuits, electricity, and magnetism
- Designing controlled experiments
- Analyzing data
- Understanding differences between energy and power
- Learning about weather and climate
Real-Time Temperature Measurement!
Unlike a traditional thermometer, Go Direct Temperature allows students to collect real-time temperature measurements of a single instance or over a period of time. Its range and wireless capability make it the go-to sensor.