£64.00 ex VAT | £76.80 Inc VAT
Use this rugged, affordable mini wind turbine to illustrate the power of wind.
This easily assembled turbine that produces enough power to light an LED bulb and play a tune. A small domestic fan will produces enough draught to demonstrate this highly efficient turbine.
The basic kit just comes with Red Blade Set. The MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design comes with a Wind Turbine Hub, a Digital Multimeter, 25 1/4″ x 5″ Dowels and a 3″ x 12″ Chipboard Sheet to allow students to perform basic blade experiments. More dowels and chipboad can be purchased as and when required.
This kit is also available in the KidWind MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design.
- Generate electricity
- Light LEDs
- Play a song
- Measure the effects of windspeed
- Measure turbine shading
- Understanding clean energy
- Exploring energy transformations
- Understanding relationship between energy and forces
Lessons, Tips, and Challenges
Download lessons, learn tips for building turbines, and check out the KidWind Challenges. Go to kidwind.org
- 1 x MINI Nacelle Assembly
- 1 x 10″ MINI Aluminum Tower
- 1 x MINI Round Wood Base with Bumpers
- 1 x Red Blade Set
- 1 x Sound and Light Board
- 1 x MINI Yellow Plug
- 1 x Red Alligator Clip Cord
- 1 x Black Alligator Clip Cord