£982.70 – £1,374.10
Sensor for measuring moisture in granulated wood chips and pellets comprising of – a sensor head, 3 screw-on extensions, end piece, 2 meter connecting cable with ALMEMO connector programmed for wood chips (also programmable for wood pellets, if required, please specify under Sensor Programming) and a carry case.
|Measuring range:||0 to 99% water content as a weight percentage H2O|
|Measuring radius/penetration depth:||Approx. 10cm around the sensor|
|Temp. range of material:||+5 to + 40°C|
|Operating temp. range:||+5 to +40°C|
|Storage temp. range:||-20 to +70°C|
|Signal output:||ALMEMO® (voltage)|
|Power supply:||5V from ALMEMO® measuring instrument|
|Current consumption:||Approx. 5mA|
Sensor head -
End piece -
Ø = 22mm, length = 200mm
3 pieces, screw-on
Ø = 18mm, length = 300mm
Ø = 22mm, length = 30mm
|Cable terminal:||Mountable male connector on sensor head|
|Cable:||PVC, length = 2 meters with ALMEMO® connector. The cable is led through the extension tubes and end piece.|
- The sensor operates on the principle of an open plate capacitor. The moisture contained in a material can be measured in terms of that material’s dielectric constants.
- Moisture content can be determined in a matter of seconds – in wood chips or wood pellets, and sawdust, in grain and cereals, and other granulated materials.
- The characteristics of the materials to be measured can be specified on a highly customized basis; a wide variety of granulates, e.g. various cereal types, can thus be measured
We are able to offer a service to determine characteristics for special customer-specific materials.
- We will need a sample of approx. 10 litres of your granulate (e.g. wood, cereal, plastic). This sample should be sealed in an air-tight package, e.g. shrink-wrapped in plastic film
- We use various dried samples to determine the characteristics of your particular material.
- We then program these characteristics into the ALMEMO connector for the moisture content probe.
Advisory note: If the material cannot absorb water (not hygroscopic), it will not be possible to measure its moisture content. In this case, the processing fee we charge will be reduced.
If you would like more information, please call us on 01530 832 500 or fill out our contact form.