The Ripple Tank has the following advantages:
- Simple to assmble
- Ease of carrying out the experiment
- Results reliable and repeatable
- Excellent visual resolution of the wave front
The stroboscopic lamp is made with a highly-luminous 3W LED, which is synchronised with the surface-wave generator.
The control unit is equipped with a digital display and allows setting or inhibiting of the synchronism of the vibrator with the lamp, the wave amplitude modulation and its frequency. The vibrator is of electro-dynamic type.
Dimensions of the tray: 30 x 30cm.
Experiments that can be carried out with the standard supply:
- Superficial waves on water
- Propagation speed
- Stationary waves
- Ripple Generator – Ripple generator with power adapter. Frequency: 0-50 Hz. Switch on/off synchro LED. Digital display.
- Vibrator – The vibrator is electro-dynamic type.
- White LED Light Source – 3W, whie LED light source with both strobe and steady modes.
- Dippers – single dipper, double dipper and dipper parallel waves.
- Barriers – For experiments on diffraction, reflection and for measuring wavelengths.
- Acrylic Lenses – Acrylic lens, convex acrylic lens, concave acrylic trapezium.
- Convex Reflector