Invent your own clean energy applications using fuel cells and renewable hydrogen created with solar energy and water. This new set is an optimal tool for inspiration and education in classrooms, as kids get to develop their own applications using a zero-carbon fuel. The kit also comes with a small electric motor and propeller blade as the starting point for motorized applications you can build using your futuristic solar energy storage device.
- Turn solar energy Into hydrogen (chemical) energy!
- Includes Horizon’s complete curriculum on renewable energy on CD-ROM
- Lessons on solar energy, hydrogen fuel cells, electrolysis, and basic electronics
- Build your own solar powered inventions using a fuel cell
- 1 x Chassis with an LED light and motor
- 1 x Reversible (PEM) fuel cell
- 1 x 0.75 Watt solar cell
- 2 x 2mm Connecting leads
- 1 x Battery pack with connecting leads
- 1 x Hydrogen tank
- 1 x Oxygen tank
- 1 x Inner Gas containers
- 1 x Plastic plug pins for fuel cell
- 1 x Transparent silicon tubing
- 1 x Syringe
- 1 x Assembly instructions
- 1 x CD-ROM with curriculum manuals
- The Effect of Heat on Solar Panels
- The Effect of Shade on Solar Panels
- The Effect of Tilt Angle on Solar Panels
- Finding the Solar Panel’s Maximum Power Point
- Electrolysis mode generating hydrogen and oxygen from water
- Fuel Cell mode generating electricity from hydrogen and oxygen
- Determining the minimum voltage for water decomposition
- Polarization states for hydrogen fuel cells
Real-Time Temperature Measurement!
Unlike a traditional thermometer, Go Direct Temperature allows students to collect real-time temperature measurements of a single instance or over a period of time. Its range and wireless capability make it the go-to sensor.