£1,039.00 ex VAT | £1,246.80 Inc VAT
The Vernier Emissions Spectrometer allows you to instantly collect emissions spectra from light bulbs, gas discharge tubes, or the sun. Capture data and analyze it immediately on your computer or LabQuest.
Available to OrderEmail to a friend
This is the perfect tool to conduct emissions analysis. The Vernier Emissions Spectrometer allows you to instantly collect emissions spectra from light bulbs, gas discharge tubes, or the sun. It connects directly to your computer or LabQuest with a standard USB cable and gives precise measurements over a range of 350-900 nm.
We recommend using the Vernier Emissions Spectrometer without an optical fiber for measuring spectra of large sources, such as the sun, or for comparing types of light bulbs.
An optical fiber is recommended for analyzing the emissions of a gas spectrum tube.
- Dimensions: 10.1 cm × 7.0 cm × 4.5 cm
- Power Supply: USB powered
- Detector: Linear CCD
- Wavelength Range: 350–900 nm
- Wavelength Reporting Interval: 1 nm
- Optical Resolution: 3 nm (as determined by the full width of half maximum of hydrogen 434 nm peak)
- Wavelength Accuracy: ±2 nm (as determined by hydrogen peaks)
The Vernier Emissions Spectrometer may require a compatible interface and software. Choose a platform below to see compatible interface and software options.
|Spectral Analysis for Chrome||Graphical Analysis 4 for Chrome|
|NO INTERFACE REQUIRED||Full support||Incompatible|
|LabQuest 2||Full support1|
- Full support of this sensor is only available when LabQuest 2 is connected to a Chromebook via Wireless Data Sharing. This sensor is not supported when connected to a Chromebook via USB.
- Observe the change in normal force during a ride in a lift.
- Measure the impulse delivered by the floor during a jump.
- Measure the reaction force as a student leans against a wall.