£65.00 ex VAT | £78.00 Inc VAT
This free book contains 12 engineering challenges to build and program robots using the LEGO®MINDSTORMS® Education NXT Base Set, LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education NXT Software version 2, and Vernier sensors. Not compatible with the EV3 system.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the book for free. To purchase the printed lab book please add to your cart.
Vernier Engineering Projects with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education NXT contains 12 engineering challenges for use with the LEGO®MINDSTORMS® Education NXT Base Set and LEGO® MINDSTORMS®Education NXT Software version 2 (not compatible with the EV3 system).
The challenges are a compilation from Vernier’s original STEM with Vernier and LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT and STEM 2 with Vernier and LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT lab books.
This book is perfect to challenge upper middle school and high school students to build and program robots for testing batteries, locating “land mines”, automating plant watering, and more.
For projects with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3, see our Vernier Engineering Projects with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 book.
Included with Vernier Engineering Projects with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education NXT
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT sample programs
- Movie clips
- LEGO® Digital Designer files with detailed instructions for building and operating the robotics projects
- Word-processing files of the exercises, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Experiments by Sensor
- Acidity Tester
- Aquarium Monitor
- Plant Waterer
- Aquarium Monitor
- Sunscreen Tester
- Audio Assistant
- String Tension Tester
- Cartesian Diver
- Battery Tester
- Solar Tracker
- Migrating Robot
- Magnet Finder
- Mine Sweeper
- Earth Systems and Resources/Air and Water
- Earth Systems and Resources/Soil
- The Living World
- Global Change and Population
- Energy Resources and Consumption