£2,713.00 ex VAT | £3,255.60 Inc VAT
Powered by Ocean Optics™ technology, the Vernier Spectrometer is a portable VIS-NIR spectrometer which connects directly to your computer with a standard USB cable. It is a fully functioning spectrophotometer that gives precise measurements instantly over a range of 380–950 nm.
Available to Order
The Vernier Spectrometer, powered by Ocean Optics™ technology, connects directly to your computer with a standard USB cable. It is a fully functioning visible light spectrophotometer giving precise measurements instantly over a range of 380–950 nm.
- The Vernier Spectrometer is a truly portable device, measuring 10 cm x 9 cm x 3 cm.
- One-step calibration of the full spectrum saves precious lab time.
- A complete visible light spectrum, 380–950 nm, is collected in a fraction of a second.
- The open cuvette holder allows for access to the sample during testing.
- Other Vernier sensors can be used simultaneously with the Vernier Spectrometer, expanding your students’ opportunities to pursue a variety of research projects.
- The Vernier Spectrometer draws its power from your computer, eliminating the need for an additional power source.
- Works with many Ocean Optics accessories.
- Spectrometer with light source/cuvette holder
- (1) Package of 15 plastic cuvettes and lids
- (1) USB cable
- User manual
- Dimensions: 10 cm × 8.7 cm × 3 cm (includes cuvette holder/light source)
- Power: from computer via USB cable
- Wavelength Range: 380 nm–950 nm
- Optical Resolution: 3.0 nm (as determined with 656 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM) and 3.0 nm (as determined with 486 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
- Wavelength Accuracy: 2.0 nm
- Photometric Accuracy: ± 5.0% (as determined with nickel sulfate standards between 0.1 – 1.0 A.U.)
- Measure the absorbance spectrum of an aqueous sample.
- Conduct Beer’s law experiments at one or more wavelengths simultaneously.
- Conduct kinetic studies of absorbance versus time at one or more wavelengths.
- Conduct equilibrium studies of absorbance versus time and/or absorbance versus concentration.
- Conduct emission spectrum analysis with the fiber optic assembly.
To use this spectrometer with a computer, you will need Logger Pro 3.5 or newer.
To use this spectrometer with an original LabQuest, you will need LabQuest App 1.1 or newer.