£179.00 – £720.00
The Vernier Video Analysis™ app brings video analysis to your students in a dedicated and streamlined application. Students can use their mobile devices in the laboratory or out in the field to insert a video with recorded motion, mark points to track the object in motion, and set the scale of the video. This app brings video analysis to all your students regardless of device—even Chromebooks!
The Vernier Video Analysis™ app brings video analysis to your students in a dedicated and streamlined application. Students can use their mobile devices in the laboratory or out in the field to insert a video with recorded motion, mark points to track the object in motion, and set the scale of the video. Video Analysis generates accurate and visually rich graphs and a data table reflecting the recorded motion.
Features and Benefits
- Vernier Video Analysis™ app is compatible with multiple devices and platforms: macOS®, iPadOS™, iOS, Windows® 10, Chrome OS™, and Android™.
- Students can use prepared videos, found videos, or collect their own videos for analysis.
- Vernier Video Analysis makes it possible to do experiments that cannot be done with sensors, such as following a basketball in flight.
- Analysis is rapid and easily repeated, so students are able to immediately analyze and think critically about the collected data.
- You do not need to purchase other multi-featured apps just to do video analysis—our dedicated app streamlines the work to save time with better results.
- Annual site-licensing makes purchasing and renewing quick and easy.
The Vernier Video Analysis™ app is compatible with
- iOS/iPadOS 13.3
- Windows 10
- Required browser versions: Firefox 72 or newer, Safari 13 or newer, Chrome 76 or newer
Annual Site License Pricing
The license is for an entire school building site or for an entire college department. Vernier Video Analysis™ can be used on any device owned by the school, faculty, or students. There is no seat limit for each site or building license.
How do Vernier Video Analysis subscriptions work?
Vernier Video Analysis is distributed on a site license basis. An access URL allows the app to be installed on a device browser. A school with a site license may use Vernier Video Analysis on any computer or device under the school’s control. In addition, the access URL may be shared with faculty, staff, and students so that the app can be used on their personal devices.
Most trial periods last for 30 days. In North America, purchased licenses run through June the year following the purchase. For example, a license purchased in January 2020 is active through June 2021. A license purchased in October 2020 is also active through June 2021.
Continuous use of Vernier Video Analysis over multiple years thus requires a new purchase every year.
A device must have internet access to install Vernier Video Analysis, but it does not have to be continuously online to use the app. As long as the app has been used while online in the previous two weeks, it can be used offline.
The About dialog shows the name of the school holding the license and the license expiration date. Schools and user may not distribute the access URL outside of the school system.