£3,774.00 ex VAT | £4,528.80 Inc VAT
The Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer measures the absorbance and fluorescence spectra of various chemical and biochemical compounds.
Available to Order
Our affordable Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer is designed specifically for upper-level chemistry courses. We’ve combined the functionality of a fluorometer with the power of a UV/VIS spectrophotometer to allow students to easily and accurately conduct numerous fluorescence experiments with compounds such as quinine sulfate, DAPI, GFP, and tryptophan. Exchangeable LEDs ensure you get the exact excitation wavelength needed for your experiment. To conduct emission spectra experiments simply attach the Vernier Spectrophotometer Optical Fiber.
The Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer connects directly to a computer or LabQuest. Data can be collected and analysed using our Logger Pro software, so there is no need to train students on yet another instrument software.
- Detection modes: Absorbance and Fluorescence
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm × 17.0 cm × 7.0 cm
- Power supply: AC adapter (included)
- Power consumption: 3 A start-up, 500 mA continuous
- Absorbance light source: deuterium (UV) and incandescent (VIS)
- Emission light source: Exchangeable LED (ships with 375 nm, 450 nm, 525 nm)
- Detector: Linear CCD
- Wavelength range: 220–850 nm
- Wavelength reporting interval: ~ 1 nm
- Optical resolution: 3.0 nm (as determined with 486 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
- Wavelength accuracy: ± 2.0 nm (as determined with holmium oxide NIST standard)
- Absorbance photometric accuracy: ± 5.0% (as determined with potassium dichromate NIST standards)
- Absorbance photometric range (for best accuracy): 0.1–1.0
- Typical scan time: ~ 2 s
- Sample format: 10 mm × 10 mm cuvette (UV fluorescence cuvette included)
- Fluorescence emission detection limit: 1 mg/L quinine sulfate dihydrate in 0.1 M H2SO4
- Vernier Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer with LED holder
- Three exchangeable LED cartridges: 375 nm, 450 nm, and 525 nm
- Starna UV fluorescence cuvette
- AC power supply
- USB cable
- Carrying case
The Vernier Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer may require a compatible interface and software. Choose a platform below to see compatible interface and software options.
|Spectral Analysis for Computers||Graphical Analysis 4 for Computers||Logger Pro|
|NO INTERFACE REQUIRED||Full support||Incompatible||Full support|
|LabQuest 2||Incompatible||Full support||Incompatible|
*Full support of this sensor is only available when LabQuest 2 is connected to a computer or Chromebook via Wireless Data Sharing. This sensor is not supported when connected to a computer or Chromebook via USB.
|Spectral Analysis for Chrome||Graphical Analysis 4 for Chrome|
|NO INTERFACE REQUIRED||Full support||Incompatible|
|LabQuest 2||Full support1|
*Full support of this sensor is only available when LabQuest 2 is connected to a Chromebook via Wireless Data Sharing. This sensor is not supported when connected to a Chromebook via USB.
Graphical Analysis for iOS
Graphical Analysis for Android
*Mobile devices can only connect to LabQuest 2 via Wireless Data Sharing.
- Observe the change in normal force during a ride in a lift.
- Measure the impulse delivered by the floor during a jump.
- Measure the reaction force as a student leans against a wall.