Capture video of an object in motion, mark its position frame by frame, and set the scale using a known distance. Video Physics draws trajectory, position, and velocity graphs for the object. Share video, graphs, and data. Open in Vernier’s Graphical Analysis app or email for use with a computer running Vernier’s Logger Pro software.
Video Physics is perfect for physics students and instructors. Perform on-the-go analysis of interesting motion. Measure the velocity of a child’s swing, a roller-coaster, or a car. Or, take a video of a basketball free throw shot. Video Physics will display the path of the ball and provide graphs of y vs. x as well as the x and y position and velocity as a function of time.
- Capture a new video using the built-in camera, choose a video from your photo library, or use one of our sample videos.
- Mark the position of one object, frame by frame.
- Set the scale of the video using an object of known size.
- Optionally set coordinate system location and rotation.
- View graphs of trajectory, and x/y position and velocity.
- Export the marked video to your Photo Library.
- Graphs are appended to video.
- Email the video and data for further analysis in Vernier’s Logger Pro software for OS X and Windows.
- Open data files directly in Vernier Graphical Analysis for iPad.
- Open data files in Dropbox or Google Drive to upload to the cloud.
- iOS Version 8.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.