£109.00 – £362.00
If the sensor cable cannot be extended as such , it is still possible to use new intelligent extension cable(s) ZA9090-VKC with microcontroller for up to 100 meters. Two microcontrollers transmit EEPROM data from the sensor connector and measured data from digital sensors (DIGI) in both directions via RS485 and make this interference-resistant data available for the measuring instrument. Sensors can thus be freely interchanged as and when necessary (e.g. calibrated sensors with correction values, multipoint calibration or special linearisation (ZAxxxxSS).
Technical data and function
- The intelligent ALMEMO® extension cables ZA 9060-VKC are used for analogue ALMEMO® sensors, D6, except for D7, except for thermocouple sensors and for all ALMEMO® devices (V5, V6, V7)
- The extension cables have an ALMEMO® connector/ coupling (each with a microcontroller) and are plugged between the ALMEMO® sensor plug and the ALMEMO® measuring instrument. The current consumption of the extension cable is approximately 8 mA
- The analogue measuring signals are transferred analogy via the intelligent extension cable, the digital measured values and the parameters saved on the ALMEMO® sensor plug are digitally transferred via CRC and evaluated by the ALMEMO® measuring instrument
- The ALMEMO® sensors can be exchanged arbitrarily. The intelligent extension cable does not influence the measurement operation even in case calibrated sensors with adjustment / multi-point adjustment or sensors with special linearisations (saved on the ALMEMO® sensor plug) are used.
Note: Many ALMEMO® sensors can be delivered with a longer connecting cable. Please do not hesitate to ask!
The intelligent extension cables ZA 9090-VKC are not suitable for:
- ALMEMO® plug for frequency, pulse, rotational speed ZA 9909-AKx,
- ALMEMO® rotational speed sensor FU A919-2,
- ALMEMO® plug for digital signals (voltage) ZA 9000-ES2/EK2,
- ALMEMO® measuring module for DC voltage / DC ZA 9900-AKx, ZA 9901-AKx (no average value),
- ALMEMO® flow sensors FV A915-Vx,
- ALMEMO® vane anemometer FV A915-x (new variant FVAD 15-x can be used),
- Meteorological transducer FM A510.
Connecting cables must not be plugged together! If the intelligent extension cable ZA 9090-VKC is used, the device cannot operate in sleep mode.
- Measured values can be recorded using a chart recorder or a similar output device.
- A signal converter is integrated in the connector.
- The device signal is converted into a voltage corresponding to the linearized measured value.
- To obtain a high response speed a conversion rate of 10 mops can be set in the ALMEMO® device.
- The output signal can be scaled as required..